Are you planning on frying your turkey this Thanksgiving?
Next week we celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday. This can mean time to rest or celebrate with family. Typically a feast will be in the works, we hope you enjoy it safely.
Are you planning to fry your turkey? This is a task that requires strategy and patience because it can be dangerous if not done correctly. Here are a few safety tips for frying your turkey at home.
- Deep fry your turkey at least 10 feet away from your home, not on your deck
- Place your deep fryer on a leveled surface and gauge the correct amount of oil needed for your size turkey
- Make sure to completely thaw your turkey before placing it in the fryer
- Protect your skin by wearing flame retardant gloves and shoes with closed toes
- Do not attempt to move the fryer once it is already operating
- Do not heat the oil higher than the recommended temperature for your turkey or from the fryer manufacturer
- Do not attempt to put out an oil fire with water
We hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday, with or without the deep-fried turkey. Stay safe and remember that your local SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help!