How to help prevent a heat illnesses during the hot summer days
Enjoying the summertime fun is an annual treat for many of us. This includes outdoor activities like going to the beach, bike riding, or hiking. Doing these activities safely is a challenge. We have compiled helpful information from the Maryland Department of Health, please read and share. If you work outdoors and are in the heat all day, this list is for you.
6 Tips for coping with hot weather
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and overly-sweetened beverages
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, and light-colored clothing
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear sunscreen; stay in the shade when possible
- Avoid salt tablets, unless advised by a doctor to take them
- Take it easy outside; schedule physical activity in the morning or evening when it’s cooler and take breaks if necessary
Here at SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus, we wish you a healthy rest of your summer 2021. Remember that your local SERVPRO is always here to help!