Snow storm tips from your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus.
Winter weather is here! It is time to dust off and take out those snow shovels, it looks like we will be needing them today. Although snow is a beautiful thing to see, it can cause damage to your home. Your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is here to help with a few pointers on how to keep your home safe from damage due to a snow storm.
- Remove snow from basement stairwells and window wells, melting snow can lead to water damage and moisture intrusion.
- Drip all faucets in your home continually during severe cold, including kitchen and bathroom sinks as well as shower and tub faucets, to prevent pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Use extreme caution with electric space heaters, keeping them at least a few feet away from anything flammable.
- If you experience a power failure, use battery-powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles whenever possible.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are any water supply lines in the garage.
Remember your SERVPRO of Poolesville/Clarksburg/Damascus is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”